Recipe: Sesame-crusted salmon with sticky rice and bok choy (gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 tbs white sesame seeds
- 4 tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 eggwhite
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets, skinned, pin-boned
- 200g (1 cup) koshihikari
- rice 40ml (2 tbs) vegetable oil 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- Steamed bok choy and tamari
- Combine chilli flakes, sesame seeds and parsley and spread on a sheet of baking paper.
- Place the eggwhite in a shallow bowl; lightly beat with a fork until frothy. Dip each salmon portion in the eggwhite, then cover with sesame mixture until each piece is well coated. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Place the rice in a pan with 1 1/2 cups water and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low-medium, cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon pieces and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Add vinegar to the rice and stir to combine. Serve the salmon with sticky rice, steamed bok choy and a drizzle of tamari.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)