Recipe: Sticky date muffins
- 100g pitted dates
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey or golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 2 cups gluten and wheat-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup Healtheries Wheat & Gluten Free Muesli
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- Place dates and orange juice into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, covered. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer dates to a bowl. Stir in honey, eggs and oil until combined. Add flour, muesli and oat bran.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly-greased muffin tin. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 25 minutes. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)