Recipe: Sweet And Spicy Coleslaw
- 250g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 250g green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 1/4 cup gluten-free whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Make dressing Place mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine red cabbage, green cabbage, carrot and onion in a large bowl. Add dressing. Season with salt.
- Toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours for flavours to develop. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)