Recipe: Swordfish with Italian parsley salad and garlic mash (gluten-free)
- 4 x 200g swordfish steaks
- 100ml olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbs capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green olives
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Garlic mash 1kg floury potatoes (such as sebago or King Edward), peeled, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- For the mash, place the potatoes and garlic in a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then cook over medium heat until tender. Drain well, then return to the pan and shake over low heat to remove excess water. Mash potato and garlic with milk and oil, then season well. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Brush the fish with extra oil, season well and pat with a little of the parsley.
- Place capers, olives, zest and juice in a bowl with remaining parsley, season with pepper and slowly whisk in the oil.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue on high heat and cook fish for 2 minutes each side until seared but still pink in the middle, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the fish with garlic mash, topped with the parsley salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)