Recipe: Tandoori Lamb Cutlets With Bombay Potatoes
- 2 tbs gluten-free tandoori paste (we used Patak’s)
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 12 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 700g chat potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp gluten-free mild curry powder (we used Keen’s Traditional Curry Powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, cut into thin wedges
- 100g baby spinach leaves Mango chutney, to serve
- Mix the tandoori paste, honey and yoghurt in a large dish to combine, then add lamb, turning to coat. Allow to marinate while you prepare the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil, then cook for 10 minutes until tender. Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute until the seeds start to pop.
- Add spices, ginger and potato, then cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until potatoes start to crisp.
- Add tomato and spinach, then cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach has wilted. Keep warm. Heat the remaining oil in a chargrill or frypan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the lamb for 2 minutes each side until lightly charred and cooked but still pink in the centre.
- Serve the lamb with Bombay potatoes, mango chutney and extra yoghurt.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Indian (Marathi Cuisine)