Recipe: The Perfect Herb Omelette
- 3 fresh free-range eggs
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley, basil, ]
- Bread, to serve
- Place the eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk to combine. Season with sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the butter and oil in an omelette pan or a small frying pan over medium-high heat (the oil prevents the butter from burning as the pan needs to be quite hot).
- When the butter starts to froth, add the egg mixture and, as the base begins to cook, use a fork to draw it aside and allow the uncooked egg to run beneath.
- Continue doing this until the omelette is set but still soft. Scatter the herbs on top, fold over one side of the omelette and carefully ease onto a plate.
- Serve with a glass of wine and some good bread.
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)