Recipe: Tomato & rosemary risotto cake (gluten-free)
- 350g arborio rice
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light thickened cream
- 3 tbs chopped rosemary
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 175g gruyere cheese, grated
- Wild rocket and cherry tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the base of a 20cm non-stick springform cake pan with baking paper and grease well with butter.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, then drain well.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy-based frypan. Cook onions and garlic until soft, add zucchini and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Cool, then add rice, eggs, cream, rosemary and tomato. Season, then stir in half the cheese.
- Spread into cake pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool slightly in the pan, then remove, slice into wedges and serve with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)