Recipe: Wheat-free prawn, tomato & olive pasta
- 300g ris’o’mais spiral pasta (Orgran brand)
- 1 x 500g jar summer tomato basil pasta sauce (Bertolli Five Brothers brand)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted, halved
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 16 medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Place sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add olives, lemon rind and garlic, and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add prawns, basil and parsley, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with pasta sauce and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)