Recipe: White Chocolate Hazelnut Blondie
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 00g good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 100g hazelnut meal
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) rice flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 50g white chocolate, extra, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) whole hazelnuts Double cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 23cm square cake pan. Line the base and 2 sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Combine the butter, milk, chocolate and vanilla essence in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the hazelnut meal, all-purpose, rice and self-raising flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the eggs and stir until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with extra white chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until blondie is fi rm to the touch. Cover with foil after about 15 minutes if it is over browning.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool in the pan. Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with double cream, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)