Recipe: Apple, chocolate and caramel muffins
- 500g packet Green’s 97% Fat Free Choc Caramel Muffins 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan, or line with paper cases. Place muffin mix into a large bowl. Add egg and water. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Squeeze apple between your hands to remove excess moisture. Spread a thin layer of grated apple over each muffin. Sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to stand for 5 minutes in pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)