Recipe: Bean bunches
- 85g packet 99% fat-free 2-minute noodles
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- Alfa One rice bran oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes or until just tender. Using a fork, separate noodles.
- Drain. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook beans for 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Drain. Refresh in a bowl of chilled water. Drain. Pat beans dry with paper towel. Divide into 10 portions of 4 to 5 beans each. Divide noodles into 10 bunches.
- Wrap 1 bunch of noodles around the centre of 1 bean portion. Repeat with remaining beans and noodles. Lightly spray a large frying pan with oil.
- Heat over medium-high heat. Place half the bean bunches in pan. Spray noodles with oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until noodles are crisp and golden.
- Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining bean bunches and oil. Combine mayonnaise, lemon rind and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Serve bean bunches with mayonnaise mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)