Recipe: Caramelised pineapple with mango ice-cream
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 x 750g pkt whole peeled pineapple, cut crossways into
- 8 slices 3 x 145ml packs 99 per cent fat-free mango ripple ice-cream (Weight Watchers brand)
- Preheat grill on high. Place the sugar on a plate. Coat the pineapple slices in the sugar and place on a baking tray.
- Cook under preheated grill, about 4cm from heat source, for 2 minutes each side or until caramelised.
- Serve caramelised pineapple with scoops of ice-cream.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)