Recipe: Choc-chip oatmeal cookies
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using a fork, whisk egg, oil, apple sauce, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder together over egg mixture. Add oats and chocolate. Stir gently to combine.
- Place tablespoons of mixture on baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden.
- Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)