Recipe: Croissants with berry vanilla compote
- 350g mixed frozen berries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8-12 croissants, fresh or frozen
- Place frozen berries, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the berry mixture is thick and ‘jammy’. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat croissants in a warm oven or microwave. If using frozen croissants, prepare following packet instructions. To serve, place croissants on a serving platter and serve with the berry compote.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)