Recipe: Fresh cherry trifle
- 250g fresh cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 240g jam-and-cream roll (Mills & Ware’s brand), cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices
- 400ml 99 per cent fat-free custard (Pauls Trim brand)
- Place 1 slice of jam-and-cream roll in the base and 2 slices against the side of each serving glass. Pour over half the custard and top with half the cherries.
- Repeat layering process with the remaining jam-and-cream roll, custard and cherries.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)