Recipe: Hot vanilla milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup 97% fat-free vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tablespoon low-joule caramel topping
- Combine sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon hot water in a large heatproof, microwave-safe jug. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add milk. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 4 minutes or until warm.
- Pour 1 cup warmed milk mixture into each 1 1/4-cup capacity, microwave-safe glass. Top each with 1/4 cup ice-cream. Microwave 2 glasses at a time on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until ice-cream is melted and frothy. Drizzle 1 teaspoon caramel topping over each. Serve.
Cooking time (duration): 5 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)