Recipe: Light macaroni cheese primavera
- Ingredients 350g macaroni
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved lengthways and cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas, thawed
- 250g tub spreadable fat reduced cream cheese
- 100g 97 per cent fat-free ham, shredded
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions until al dente. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the asparagus and peas. When it returns to the boil, cook for 1 minute. Drain the asparagus and peas in a sieve and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. While hot, add the cream cheese and stir to melt and coat the pasta. Add the asparagus, peas, ham and chives to the pasta. Fold through until evenly combined, and season to taste. Serve immediately.
Cooking time (duration): 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)