Recipe: Orange parfait
- 4 navel oranges, peeled, white pith removed
- 75g (1/2 cup) whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 500g container fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener
- Preheat grill on high. Line the grill tray with foil. Cut each orange into 8 slices. Place half the orange slices on the tray and cook, under preheated grill, for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining orange slices.
- Meanwhile, cook hazelnuts and oats in a medium frying pan over high heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned and aromatic. Whisk together yoghurt and sweetener in a medium bowl until smooth.
- To serve, place 4 orange slices in the base of each serving glass. Top with a spoonful of the yoghurt mixture and then sprinkle with the rolled oats and nuts. Repeat with another layer.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)