Recipe: Oregano and lemon chicken with zucchini and sweet potato salad
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (600g) Lilydale chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways (see note)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 5mm thick slices
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- balsamic vinegar, to serve (see tip)
- Combine wine, lemon juice, garlic and oregano in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil.
- Heat over high heat. Cook sweet potato for 5 minutes each side or until just tender. Add zucchini and chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are browned and tender. Transfer sweet potato and zucchini to a large bowl. Add spinach leaves. Toss gently to combine. Serve chicken on salad, drizzled with vinegar.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)