Recipe: Pear and apricot crunch
- 2 William or Packham pears, peeled
- 100g reduced-fat natural yogurt
- 200g apricot halves in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup 98% fat-free wholegrain cereal
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut each pear into 8 wedges. Remove cores. Place pears and 1/2 cup of cold water in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pears are just tender.
- Whisk yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the reserved apricot juice in a jug until smooth. Drain pears. Divide pears and apricots between four 150ml-capacity ovenproof ramekins.
- Pour remaining reserved apricot juice over fruit. Spoon cereal over fruit. Press down with back of spoon to compact.
- Place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot. Serve with yogurt mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)