Recipe: Roast pears with star anise syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground star anise (see note)
- 4 small beurre bosc pears, cut into quarters, cores removed
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup 99% fat-free vanilla yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine sugar and star anise in a bowl. Place pears, skin side down, in a baking dish. Pour over 1/4 cup cold water. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over pears. Roast pears for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spoon syrup over pears. Sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until pears are tender. Spoon pears and syrup into bowls. Top with a dollop of yoghurt. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)