Recipe: Roasted carrot hommus
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 (350g) medium carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Gluten-free rice crackers, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cumin, carrot and half the oil in a bowl.
- Toss to combine. Transfer to prepared tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until carrot is golden and tender.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to cool. Place carrot, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and remaining oil in a food processor.
- Process until smooth (see tip). Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice crackers.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)