Recipe: Stir-fried peaches with almonds
- 4 ripe peaches (free stone variety if possible)
- 30g (1 1/2 tbs) butter or margarine
- 35g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbs soft brown sugar
- 8 vanilla ice-cream slices, to serve
- Cut peaches in half, remove stones and cut flesh into thick wedges. Heat 2 tsp of the butter or margarine in a frying pan over medium high heat and cook almonds for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until just golden.
- Remove almonds from pan and set aside. Wipe out pan with paper towel then add remaining 20g (1 tbs) butter or margarine, vanilla essence and brown sugar and stir to combine. Add peach wedges and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing frequently, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir through the almonds. (See microwave tip.) Cool for 3-5 minutes before serving over the ice-cream slices.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)