Recipe: Sumac and herb lamb racks
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 (about 1.2kg) lamb racks (8 cutlets on each rack), French trimmed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Spiced Yoghurt Potato Salad (see related recipe), to serve Roast Pumpkin, Chickpea & Rocket Salad (see related recipe), to serve
- Place the yoghurt, parsley, oregano, garlic, sumac, cumin, coriander, lemon rind and pepper in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Drizzle the oil over a baking tray. Add the lamb and roast in oven for 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Slice the lamb into cutlets. Divide among serving plates and serve with the salads.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)