Recipe: Vanilla and cinnamon panna cotta
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups 99% fat-free diet vanilla yogurt (we used Nestle brand)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- Combine milk and cinnamon in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature. Remove cinnamon sticks. Combine milk mixture and yoghurt in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water into a jug. Sprinkle over gelatine. Using a fork, whisk until gelatine is dissolved. Stir through yoghurt mixture until smooth.
- Divide panna cotta mixture between four 3/4 cup-capacity moulds. Place on a tray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Carefully run a round-bladed knife around the edge of each panna cotta.
- Turn moulds out onto plates. Drizzle with passionfruit pulp.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)