Recipe: Warm chickpea & pumpkin dip
- Ingredients 400g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 90g (1/3 cup) 99 per cent fat-free natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 potato chappati (Taj Roti Co. brand)
- 2 tbs fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Cook the pumpkin in a large saucepan of boiling water over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender (see microwave tip). Drain. Return to pan with chickpeas, yoghurt and curry powder. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until just combined. Taste and season with salt.
- Cover to keep warm. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook 1 chappati for 1 minute each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chappati. Spoon the dip among serving bowls and sprinkle with coriander to garnish. Serve with the warm chappati.
Cooking time (duration): 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)