Recipe: Warm strawberry tarts
- 4 sweet shortcrust tart cases (Pampas brand)
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, washed, halved
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tbs water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) 99 per cent fat-free custard (Pauls Trim brand)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pastry cases on a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the strawberries, sugar and water in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until strawberries soften (see microwave tip). Spoon 1 tbs of custard into each tart.
- Top with strawberries and drizzle with any syrup.
- Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)