Recipe: Apricot, fig and raisin loaf
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Butter, to serve
- Combine apricots, figs, raisins, sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir to combine. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 10cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan. Stand apricot mixture at room temperature for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining milk. Add half the almonds. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve toasted with butter.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)