Recipe: Asian mushroom omelette
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 80g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/3 cups steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Break 4 eggs into a bowl. Add half the chilli and half the green onions. Whisk with a fork. Heat a wok over medium heat.
- Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Pour in egg mixture. Swirl to cover base and run 1cm up the side. Sprinkle half the mushrooms over egg mixture.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until base is set. Fold omelette in half. Tilt wok to allow any uncooked egg to run to edge. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Turn omelette over and cook for 30 seconds or until light golden (omelette should still be moist inside). Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining eggs, chilli, green onions, oil and mushrooms. Cut omelettes in half and place on plates. Top with snow pea sprouts. D
- rizzle with soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)