Recipe: Barbecued mustard veal cutlets
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 2 tbs tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (about 225g each) veal cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Panzanella salad, to serve
- Combine the wine, tamari, wholegrain mustard and garlic in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add the veal cutlets and toss to coat in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high. Remove the veal cutlets from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Season veal cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook on grill for 2 minutes each side. Reduce heat to medium and cook, basting the cutlets frequently with the reserved marinade, for a further 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Divide the veal cutlets among serving plates and serve with panzanella salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)