Recipe: Black forest trifles
- 1 x 415g can Woolworths Select Stoneless Black Cherries
- 1 tsp kirsch (optional)
- 250ml (1 cup) bought vanilla custard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) hazelnut-flavoured chocolate sauce
- 1 x 250g pkt chocolate rollettes
- 125g (1/2 cup) double cream
- Grated dark chocolate, to serve
- Drain cherries, reserving 60ml (1/4 cup) of the syrup. Combine the reserved syrup and the kirsch, if desired, in a small bowl. Combine the custard and chocolate sauce in a small bowl. Cut each rollette crossways into 4 slices.
- Divide half the slices among serving glasses. Drizzle over half the syrup. Top with half the cherries. Pour over the custard mixture. Continue layering with remaining rollette slices, syrup and cherries. Top with the cream and chocolate to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)