Recipe: Bowtie pasta with bacon, peas and feta
- 350g San Remo Vegeroni Bowtie Pasta
- olive oil cooking spray
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon rashers, sliced into thin strips
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 3/4 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with oil. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Add tomato, garlic and peas. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tomato is soft. Drain pasta and return to pan. Add tomato mixture, feta and salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until combined. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)