Recipe: Brown rice and tuna salad
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice
- 1/2 cup fat-free balsamic or French dressing
- 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- Cook rice, following packet directions. Drain well. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Stir through dressing.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, cucumber, rocket and tuna to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)