Recipe: Chicken caesar toasts
- 6 rindless shortcut bacon rashers
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 (400g) chicken tenderloins
- 8 slices thick white crusty bread
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves washed, shredded
- 1/4 cup 99% fat-free caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon rashers in half lengthways. Cut crossways into thin strips. Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Thickly slice. Preheat grill on medium-high. Grill bread for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until toasted.
- Place lettuce, bacon, chicken and dressing in a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide mixture between toast. Top with parmesan. Season with pepper. Serve.
- Super saver: Use 3 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, instead of shortcut and save around $1.70 in total.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)