Recipe: Chicken, roasted potato and egg salad
- 600g desiree potatoes, cut into wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 90g baby rocket
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 1.5cm lengths
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in a lightly greased roasting pan. Spray with oil. Roast, turning 2 to 3 times, for 45 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, heat a heavy-based frying pan over medium-low heat. Spray both sides chicken with oil. Cook for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Thinly slice. Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes (see note). Drain. Run cold water over eggs. Combine oil, vinegar and mustard in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to combine. Place potatoes, chicken, tomatoes, rocket and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine. Arrange salad in bowls. Peel eggs and break open on salads. Season with pepper. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)