Recipe: Chinese fried rice
- 2 cups (380g) brown rice
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g packet 97% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons light reduced-salt soy sauce
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Pour in half the egg. Swirl to coat. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Remove to a board. Roll up. Stand for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining egg. Thinly slice.
- Increase stovetop heat to high. Spray wok with oil. Add bacon. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Add oil, onions, prawns and peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add rice. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add egg, sprouts and soy sauce. Stir-fry until combined. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Chinese