Recipe: Choc-banana cheesecake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 15 Paradise Vive Lites Triple Choc Cookies
- 650g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- Release the base from a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan and invert. Brush the base with melted butter to grease. Line with non-stick baking paper. Secure the base back into the pan, allowing the paper to overhang. Brush the side of the pan with melted butter. Line with non-stick baking paper.
- Use a serrated knife to cut 12 biscuits into 4 pieces each. Arrange the biscuit pieces, base-side down, in a single layer, to cover the base of the prepared pan. Reserve any leftover biscuit pieces and crumbs.
- Use an electric beater to beat the ricotta, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl until smooth. Add the banana and beat until well combined.
- Spoon banana mixture over the biscuit base. Smooth the surface. Cover. Place in the fridge overnight to set and chill.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Coarsely crumble the remaining biscuits and biscuit pieces. Sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake to serve.
- Notes You’ll need about 2 small ripe bananas for this recipe.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)