Recipe: Chocolate-coated ice-cream cones
- 80g milk-chocolate melts (Nestle brand)
- 4 small scoops (about 50g each) 99 per cent
- fat-free vanilla ice-cream (Weight Watcher’s brand)
- 4 cup cones (Altimate brand)
- Place the chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth (see microwave tip). Remove from heat. Set aside for 2-3 minutes to cool.
- Place the ice-cream scoops in the cones. Kids’ task: Use a spoon to drizzle ice-cream scoops with melted chocolate. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)