Recipe: Chocolate fudge sundae
- 1 x 400g can sweetened condensed skim milk
- 100g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, broken into squares
- 12 scoops light & creamy 97 per cent fat-free vanilla ice-cream (Peters brand)
- 8 chocolate cream wafer biscuits
- Place the condensed milk and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring with a metal spoon, for 2-3 minutes or until the chocolate melts
- Remove fudge sauce from heat and set aside. Kids’ task: Place a scoop of vanilla ice-cream in each serving glass.
- Drizzle with half the chocolate fudge sauce. Continue layering with the remaining ice-cream and fudge sauce.
- Serve immediately with the chocolate cream wafers.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)