Recipe: Corn, egg and bacon tarts
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 4 free-range eggs
- 60g mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray four 3/4 -cup capacity Texas muffin holes with oil. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add green onions and bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until bacon is light golden. Remove from heat. Stir in corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench. Spray with oil. Fold in half crossways. Spray top with oil and cut in half crossways. Use pastry squares to line base and sides of 1 muffin hole, allowing a 2cm overhang. Repeat with remaining pastry and oil.
- Divide corn mixture between tart cases. Break 1 egg into each tart case (keep yolk intact). Bake for 20 minutes or until egg is just set. Season with pepper. Serve with salad leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)