Recipe: Creamed rice with cherries and meringue crumble
- 2 x 420g cans 99% fat-free vanilla creamed rice
- 425g can stoneless black cherries, drained
- 2 (15g each) meringue nests, crushed
- Pour rice into a saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until it comes to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Meanwhile, mash cherries lightly with a fork.
- Remove pan from heat. Add cherries to rice. Stir to combine. Spoon into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with crushed meringue.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)