Recipe: Curried Egg, Mayo & Green Shallot Sandwiches
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs medium curry paste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 80g (1/4 cup) no-cholesterol 98% fat-free mayonnaise (Weight Watchers brand)
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 40g baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed, washed, dried
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the curry paste and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until bubbling and fragrant (see microwave tip).
- Set aside to cool. Peel the eggs and place in a medium bowl. Use a fork to roughly mash.
- Add the curry-paste mixture, mayonnaise and green shallots. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top 4 slices of bread with the spinach leaves.
- Evenly spread egg mixture over the spinach and top with remaining slices of bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)