Recipe: Dolmades With Tzatziki
- 70g (1/3 cup) long-grain rice
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 vine leaves in brine, drained
- 1 x 200g tub skinny 94 per cent fat-free tzatziki dip (Black Swan brand)
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold running water until cool. Place in a medium bowl. Kids’ task:
- Add the feta, onion, oregano and oil to the rice. Stir until well combined. Season with pepper. Place a vine leaf, vein-side up, on a clean work surface.
- Place 2 tbs of the rice mixture in the centre of the vine leaf. Fold in the sides and roll up firmly to enclose the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining vine leaves and rice mixture. Place the dolmades on a large serving plate and serve with the tzatziki dip.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)