Recipe: Egg and chips
- 3 desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 4 mignonette lettuce leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic, bruised
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Stack the potato slices into 12 piles and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle each stack with a little oil and season with salt. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked.
- Fill a shallow saucepan with water, bring to a simmer, then add the vinegar. Make a whirlpool using a spoon and crack the first egg in, then the second. Cook for 3 minutes or until eggwhite is just set. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, and cover with foil to keep warm while you repeat this process for the remaining eggs.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients until combined. To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate. Top with potato, tomato and a poached egg, then drizzle with the dressing.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)