Recipe: Five-spice nectarine stacks
- 6 small ripe nectarines, halved, stones removed
- 100g dried apricots
- 80ml (1/3 cup) yellowbox honey
- 60ml (1/4 cup) hot water
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry with canola
- oil (Pampas brand), just thawed
- 4 scoops 99% fat-free vanilla ice-cream (Weight Watchers brand)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the nectarines, apricots, honey, water and five-spice powder in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Meanwhile, cut the pastry sheet into four equal squares. Cut each square diagonally in half.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden. To serve, place a pastry triangle on each serving plate and use a spoon to gently flatten.
- Evenly divide the nectarine mixture between each plate and top with a scoop of ice-cream and remaining pastry triangles.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)