Recipe: Fruit salad shots
- 2 free-stone ripe peaches
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 just-ripe small mangoes, peeled, diced
- 240g fresh raspberries
- 375ml good-quality dessert wine (such as a botrytis wine), chilled
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- Cut a cross in the base of each peach. Place peaches in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water to cover. Set aside for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh in cold water. Peel and discard skin. Dice flesh.
- Combine peach, mango and raspberries in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Spoon fruit into twenty-four 60ml-capacity plastic or glass shot glasses. Pour 1 tablespoon dessert wine over each.
- Stir mascarpone and icing sugar in a small bowl until well combined. Top each fruit salad shot with mascarpone mixture. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)