Recipe: Ginger chicken & peach skewers
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm chunks
- 6 free-stone peaches, halved, stone removed, cut into quarters
- 3 shallots, cut into 4cm lengths
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, oil and ginger in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a barbeque grill or chargrill pan over a medium-high heat. Alternately thread the chicken, peach and shallots onto the skewers. Barbeque or chargrill the skewers, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden. Serve with the baby spinach leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)