Recipe: Ham And Zucchini Spring Pasta
- 500g dried spaghetti pasta (see tip)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 medium zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 200g 97% fat-free shaved leg ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- shaved parmesan cheese,
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm. Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil.
- Heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and bright green.
- Add to pasta. Add tomatoes, ham and capers to frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Add to pasta with lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with parmesan.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)