Recipe: Kiev-style chicken
- 4 small free-range chicken breast fillets
- 150g tub Mersey Valley Vintage Club
- Spreadable cheese – Original
- 20 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 fresh sage leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Use a sharp knife to make a long, deep cut into the thickest part of the chicken fillets. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the Mersey Valley Spreadable cheese into the cavity of each. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place 5 prosciutto slices on a work surface so they overlap. Lay a chicken fillet across the slices, place 3 sage leaves on top, tuck in edges of prosciutto and roll up to enclose chicken. Repeat with remaining prosciutto, sage and chicken. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add rolls and cook, turning often, for about 3-4 minutes until golden. Place pan in oven (if pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer rolls to a baking tray) and bake for 6 minutes. Add tomatoes to frypan or tray with chicken and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat stock in a saucepan over high heat. Add polenta, turn heat to low and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through remaining Mersey Valley Spreadable cheese.
- Slice the chicken rolls in half. Spoon polenta onto 4 plates and top with chicken and tomatoes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: French