Recipe: Lamb, Parsley And Chickpea Salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 600g lamb backstrap
- 420g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup 99% fat-free
- Greek dressing
- Heat a chargrill over medium-high heat. Rub lamb with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, parsley, tomato, onion and dressing in a large bowl. Top with lamb. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)